LIVESTOCK MANAGER – FIXED TERM
- Grow your career within the livestock industry.
- Competitive Salary.
- A tidy three-bedroom home provided for you and your whānau to live in.
- Supportive Environment with professional development.
At Hineuru Property Limited, our vision is to exercise mana whenua as kaitiaki over our tribal rohe, utilise and protect our natural resources, uplift & hiki wairua through actively promoting activity which connects our people with the taiao and the taiao with our Hineuru people, encourage and promote better behaviour and practices for the benefit of our environment and to advocate caring for our taiao today for our future generations tomorrow.
Hineuru Property Limited has an opportunity for an enthusiastic passionate individual to join us as a Livestock Stock Manager on Pukenui Station, located between Napier and Taupo. This position is fixed term to cover maternity leave. The successful applicant can start immediately.
You will be reporting to the Farm Operations Manager and will have the opportunity to be involved in the day-to-day management and planning responsibilities. The key stock policies are to finish all young lambs, calves, and fawns from the breeding unit to target weights also lambing 500 breeding ewes.
The successful candidate will be required to have:
- 3-4 well-controlled working dogs.
- Deer experience.
- 3-4 years of sheep and beef experience, preferred.
- Excellent stockman ship and animal husbandry.
- Knowledge of stock nutritional requirements.
- Current full NZ driver’s license.
- The ability to pass a drug test.
- Experience in operation and maintaining farm machinery.
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- A friendly easy-going personality.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send a CV and cover letter to Hineuru Property Limited, c/o Agfirst.
Applications close on 14th February 2023