Education Grants 2023
Hineuru Iwi Trust and the Hineuru Education and Training Committee are pleased to announce that applications for the 2023 Education Grants are now OPEN. Applications are open from 1 April to 12 PM 30 April 2023. This year, the opening of applications was delayed due to Cyclone Gabrielle.
HIT and the Committee understand that sometimes the pursuit of education can be a difficult and financially burdensome task. The Grants Scheme is a way that the Trust can contribute to the development of iwi members’ education while providing flexibility in how the allocated grant is spent.
Last year 114 iwi members benefited from the Education Grants. The Trust looks forward to receiving a similar or greater number of applications.
The Committee has appointed Maria Rahui as the Grants Administrator for this year. As such, she will be available to provide support to applicants. You can make contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 027 318 9344
All applications are submitted through the online application form.
- You must be a registered iwi member of Hineuru Iwi Trust;
- You must provide a verified and authenticated copy of the birth certificate of the person in whose name the application is made out for;
- If the applicant is aged 18 years or over, you must provide proof of residential address;
- You must provide bank verification for each individual application – a deposit slip or bank statement;
- You will need to provide a head and shoulders photograph of the applicant;
- Unless this is your first year of tertiary study, you must include the previous year’s academic transcript. If you do not include an academic transcript, your application will not be accepted;
- The closing date is final. If your application is late, it will not be accepted;
- You must provide confirmation of study from your education institution;
- The name on the application should be the child/student for whom the application is for, not the parent/caregiver; And
- You must fully complete your application, including the declaration; otherwise, the application will not be accepted.