Education Grants 2022
The Education and Training Committee are pleased to announce that applications for the 2022 Education Grants are now OPEN. Applications will be open from 1 March 2022 to 12 PM 31 March 2022.
In line with its strategic plan, the Committee sees the importance of the iwi supporting tribal members in their pursuit of education, understanding that this can sometimes be a difficult and financially burdensome task. The Grants Scheme is a way that the Trust can contribute to the development of iwi members’ education while providing the flexibility of how the allocated grant is spent.
Last year 140 tribal members benefited from the Education Grants, and we look forward to a similar or greater number of applications being received.
This year the Committee has seen fit to appoint a Grants Administrator. Maria Rahui will fulfil this role. As such, she will be available to provide support to applicants. You can make contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: 022 076 6036.
- You must be a registered tribal member of Ngāti Hineuru;
- You must provide a verified and authenticated copy of the birth certificate for the person in whose name the application is made out for;
- If the applicant is aged 18 years or over, they must provide proof of residential address;
- You must provide bank verification for each individual application – a deposit slip or bank statement;
- You will need to provide a head and shoulders photograph of the applicant;
- Unless this is your first year of tertiary study, you will need to include the academic transcript for the previous year. If you do not include an academic transcript, your application will not be accepted;
- The closing date is final. If your application is late, it will not be accepted;
- You must provide confirmation of study from your education institution;
- The name on the application should be the child/student for whom the application is for, not the parent/caregiver; And
- Ensure you fully complete your application and complete the declaration part of your application; otherwise, it will not be accepted.